Things I Don't 'Get'.

If there is anything I really embrace about myself it is that I try to be as open as possible to different cultures, thought processes, creative endeavors and some such.  But every now and then I am caught by things that I just can't wrap my head around.  For instance, LMFAO.  At what point does some kid go up to his uncle and say 'hey, you look like a hot mess, do you want to start a band with me and we can dance around in our underwear?'  It's just out of my realm of comprehension. But recently, I have had one reasonably large WTF moment and I don't know why it bothers me so much.  To preface, I study fashion and have taken in-depth courses in color theory and trend forecasting so I do have a reasonably elevated understanding of the information that has been presented to me.  But I still can't get away from a response of 'you serious?!'.  And I understand that it is 'old news' for some but an article I read today got me all hot and bothered about it again.

Pantone Announces Color of the Year: Tangerine Tango, Partners with Sephora for Beauty Line.  In theory, it seems like an interesting idea and promotional initiative.  In reality, I have to be faced with one of the most outlandish colors ever for an entire year of my life and told it has some kind of special meaning mostly because Pantone decided to say so.  Then you mix that with a make-up line that is based on a color that 2% of the population can actually wear, leaving the other 98% to look like clowns.

Anyway, the reason that I got all up in a tizzy over this today is because I came across this article about Pantone color forecasts which can be deemed 'interesting'.