I really need to spend enough time in Paris to go properly shopping. Paris was the first place I ever went abroad and I have been six times since! So you would think I would have gotten my shop on...and I have, but not to the extent that pleases me. If it surprises anyone, I have mostly walked and eaten my way through the city :)
So when asked for shopping suggestions for the French capital, I wish I had more of a list I have personally visited, but as I don't, I have done some research through some very trusted friends and sou
rces. Many of these are vintage shops, but Paris is known for it's vintage, so it's what you should be going for! Allons-y:
- Didier Ludot - This internationally acclaimed vintage store is one place that is top of my list when I get back to Paris. Didier Ludot is the 'king of vintage couture'. Yes, it's expensive, but it is also priceless.
- Galeries Lafayette - I have been to this stunning department store numerous times and it really is a hub for Parisian fashions. It has international stores now, but this is the flagship and the decoration will impress as much as the fashions
- Vintage - 32 rue des rosiers 75004 . subway station: St paul
- Free'p'star - 8 rue sainte croix de la bretonnerie and 61 rue de la verrerie 75004. subway hotel de ville
- Mamz'Elle Swing - 35 bis rue du Roi de Sicile 75004. Subway : Hotel de Ville or Saint Paul
- La Belle Epoque - 10 rue de Poitou 75003.
- Mamie - 73 rue de Rochechouart 75009. Subway: Anvers
The blog HiP Paris is a complete resource for the coolest of the cool that Paris has to offer, so if you're looking to visit, you MUST check it out.